TANIN GALALCOOL® is a highly pure extract of gallic tannins, with physiochemical properties that are particularly well adapted to white and rosé must vinification.
• Reduces natural enzymatic oxidation activity (laccase or tyrosinase), complementing the activity of SO2.
• Favors the precipitation of unstable proteins in complement of bentonite use.
• Regulates and minimizes the addition of SO2 due to its excellent anti-oxidant activity.
• Improves clarification.
• Oxidation & Botrytis protection: 5 - 20 g/hL (50 - 200 ppm).
• Bottling of sparkling wines: 2 - 4 g/hL (20 - 40 ppm)
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 Specific TTB Limitation
The residual amount of tannin, calculated in GAE, must not exceed 6.4 GAE per 1000 gallons of wine (800 mg/L) in white wine and 24 pounds per 1000 gallons (3 g/L) in red wine.
Total tannin must not be increased by more than 150 ppm (150 mg/L; 0.150 g/L) by the addition of tannic acid (poly-galloylglucose).