Pure Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone (PVPP).
Preventive and curative treatment of oxidation in wine and must.
Smaller molecular size (- 25 um) better utilized in juice fining and floatation.
Manufactured by Ashland, Distributed in North America by Laffort USA.
Dosage rates reflecting current typical usage are shown below. The exact amount of stabilizer required is dependent upon the wine type, raw materials and process conditions in the winery. Ashland and its local distributors can offer advice for individual winery regimes.
Typical Dosage Rates of Polyclar V and VT Stabilizers
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 Specific TTB Limitation: 60.0 lb/1,000gal (7,190ppm)
Wine Type/Polyclar V stabilizer Preventative Treatment/Polyclar V stabilizer Remedial Treatment
• White: 10–25 g/hl / 10–60 g/hl
• Rosé/Blush: 10–30 g/hl / 10–60 g/hl
• Red: 5–10 g/hl / 5–20 g/hl
• Sparkling: 5–40 g/hl / 5–60 g/hl
• Fortified: 10–50 g/hl / 10–60 g/hl
Wine Type/Polyclar VT stabilizer Preventative Treatment/Polyclar VT stabilizer Remedial Treatment
• White: 15–30 g/hl / 15–70 g/hl
• Rosé/Blush: 15–40 g/hl / 15–70 g/hl
• Red: 5–15 g/hl / 5–20 g/hl
• Sparkling: 8–50 g/hl 8–70 g/hl
• Fortified: 12–60 g/hl 12–70 g/hl