b-glucosidase and pectinase preparation for revealing terpenic varietal aromas from their precursors during the production of aromatic white wines.
Specific to aromatic wines from grapes such as Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Chenin, Grenache, Syrah, etc.
• Contains a high b-glucosidase activity which enables the hydrolysis of sugars at the terminal ends of terpenic precursors.
• Reveals terpenes in white wines in order to increase aromatic intensity.
• Especially recommended for terpene precursor-rich grape varieties such as Muscat, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris, certain Chardonnays, and Viognier.
• Improves wine clarification.
• To increase the amount of aromatic precursors use an extraction enzyme at crushing, such as LAFAZYM® EXTRACT or LAFAZYM® PRESS, and then LAFAZYM® AROM at the end of alcoholic fermentation.
The dosage is to be adapted taking into account the grape variety hence its bound aromatic potential as well as the targeted wine aromatic profile.
• 2 to 4 g/hL (20 - 40 ppm). Contact time: 5 weeks on average. The dosage can be determined by trials in bottles. The effect of the enzyme must be monitored by regular tastings. A batch of wine treated with LAFAZYM® AROM can then be blended achieve the desired aromatic profile
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 No Specific TTB Limitation