Liquid pectolytic enzyme preparation rich in side-activities needed in maceration for the break down of red grape skins.
• Increases the yield of wine and more particularly free-run wine.
• Favors the release of anthocyanins and tannins in red wines.
• Limits mechanical actions during extraction and pressing, yielding drier pomace.
• Facilitates the clarification of wine in preparation for bottling.
• The dosage must be adapted according to the grape variety, level of ripeness, wine style as well as the sanitary state of the grapes and maceration temperature.
• 2 mL/100 kg for a pre-fermentation maceration temperature of 20 to 30°C (68 to 86°F).
• 4 mL/100 kg for a pre-fermentation maceration temperature of 8 to 20°C (46 to 68°F).
• Increase the dose by 1 mL/100 kg on whole cluster.
USA Regulation 27 CFR 24.246 No Specific TTB Limitation